Saturday, December 14, 2013

Journey to the Down Under


My journey dated back in the year of 2011..I went to the down under as an undergraduate student majoring in Education (TESOL). Though I have been to other places around the world, but this journey meant the world to me as it is not only a two weeks travelogue but I was in the down under country for 2 years. It was a twinning programme between IPG and Macquarie University under the scholarship of Ministry of Education (MOE/KPM). 

Tonight, I feel like writing everything before I truly forgot all my precious memories. Being far away from home, friends will be your closest family around you. I still remember the day where we (TESOL COHORT 2) were departing for Sydney from KLIA...Friends and family were there to sent us off...A few friends of mine were also there to send me away together with my family and off we flyyyy~~ 


Honestly speaking, if you ask me one significant thing about Aussie..I wouldn't say kangaroo.. I would say the sky~! look!! just look at how beautiful the sky in Aussie is.. When we travel, we will realize that though we are under the same sky, the colours, the 'texture', the 'patterns' or whatever you call it won't be the same. Just like human, we have different races, religions and colours and so do the sky..haha 

In Malaysia, we have clouds almost every time and we rarely got to see the deep blue coloured sky~ So if you go to Aussie, just enjoy the scenery ^^ especially the sky..ehehe but be aware that the UV rays in Aussie is pretty high and if you happens to wear transition spectacles, you will experience the highest level of transition in Aussie. When my spectacles first adapting to the uv rays and turn as dark as it can, i was a bit (excited/curious) or the best word to describe it is 'jakun' as what Kedahan would say. haha


ahh.. as we arrive in Kingsford Airport, we were welcomed by our senior TESOL Cohort 1. The university has also arranged for our transport to the uni.. As we arrived, we stayed in the Macquarie University Village. Macquarie University is situated in an area called Macquarie :P Where is Macquarie? It is in the square shape near the red line rail map. You can see that Macquarie University is just a station away from Epping but it took 12 stations to get to the city or Central.  It would take at most around 30 minutes from Macquarie University Station to Central. 


So, this is our shopping complex. Macquarie centre. We have everything here from Woolworth (Woolies: similar to giant/tesco where you can do groceries shopping), Easy Way (similar to coolblog), Ice rink, Cinema, Bookshop, Franklin, Paneta (fruit and vegetable store), Asian market, Halal food and lots more. To make it simple, we won't starve here..heheheh Next to Macquarie Centre is the railway station and opposite the station is our University ^^ 


There are lots of stories and nice pictures that can be shared just from this place only.. Our library is the best! The new library is the biggest one in Australia with 5 stories tall. I will share the story of the library later in another post.hahaha and that is all for tonight heee



No comments:

Post a Comment